Monday 18 June 2007

Randomness...

Ahhh a well earned rest - As of yesterday im on an official 5 days off from weight training.. Before the armchair athletes start tearing chunks out of my hide, I must point out that this is a scheduled part of the 30day program I have yet to inform the reader completely about... The notion behind it is that you have 2 cycles per month, each cycle consisting of 10 days on - working each bodypart frequently. When the 10 days are complete a 5 day rest is emplyed to allow for growth and recouperation. Diet MUST remain hot during the 5 day rest to ensure growth isn't impared.

Would you look at that weight tracker to your right. The maintainence phase is still apparently in operation despite me clawing back a measly pound. As a result in true hardcore Science Link fashion I will be upping the ante! Im still dubious that I will gain on 3800cals as opposed to 3500. Though an extra couple on hundred each day will have to go somewhere right!

Being as this is my blog and I can and will change direction in subject at any moment I would like to waffle about grocery shopping. You know when your taking your training seriously when you look forward/enjoy perusing the isles of your local Tesco at 10:30 at night.. Most blokes are out getting "wrecked" on Friday nights. Unconsciously applying themselves to every stereotype in the book in search for a good time. Whilst our little party goers are starting to get merry, I can be found with my nosed pressed to the cold refrigerated door of the ice cream section, oogling at the colourful flavours of Ben and Jerrys ice cream.. After an uphill struggle with my sweet toothed conscious I manage to walk away with a box of Skinny Cow lollies. These are the bees knees my friends! Tasty to boot and just 17g of hip busting carbs per lolly.. I would recommend the Berry Bust and Mint Chocolate for a tasty treat. I will hold up my hand and admit that besides buying sugar laden treats I tend to play top trumps with potential buys. It's sad I know but I bet i'm not the only guy with a fleeting interest in nutrition and diet who does this. A quick scan of the back of the box dictates wether or not it goes in the trolley! Im always amazed that despite the heavy cost of chicken breast etc, at just exactly how cheap it is to run a healthy diet! People always ask about the bill which accompanies my sometimes hulking intake.. Let me tell you that although I eat 6-7 meals ed, The price of a bag of oats, apples, veggies, posts of naural yoghurts, cottage cheeses etc are nothing compared to loading your trolley with "Weight Watchers" ready meals and goodfellas pizza's (Though the later is lovely). A 30 pack of eggs is £2... Thats a boat load of protein for your cash! Save your money and eat healthy.

"Vir dit dit whoop"


No comments: