Wednesday 27 June 2007

Diet of the day

Cor blimey I'm bloated!

Granted you could get 3800 calories easily from a few meals coupled with a side order of maccy D's. Try doing this fairly clean and it becomes a challenge. I would certainly find more time to update the blog, should my PC find its way in front of the toilet. Talk about regular guy!

Yet another grueling session of the secretive 30day cycle was preformed this evening. Back and shoulders being particularly tough to complete all the reps with the given weight! When I say tough I don't mean putting the weight down when the muscles scream... I mean pushing on through the barrier of pain and getting the job done! I think this is a fundamental mistake many gym rats fall into, not pushing hard enough.

Every now and then me and my ex training partner would test the level of our training resolve. We would basically go hammer and tongs at wide grip chins until we got to 50 reps. Hell it's not like you could say "hey buddy your up, I'm taking a breather" Noway Jose!! Once you stepped up to the bar, you weren't getting off until you paid your dues! No matter how long it took... the first 10-12 were plain sailing, the next 7-8 OK, after that? madness. It fells like an impossible task! stick with it though and you will get through alright. This is an important lesson in the realisation that the nagging voice in your head needs to take a backseat sometimes!

The mere though of slapping another 250g of Cottage cheese down my neck before bed is a stomach turner. Granted I can and will manage to physically eat it. I have to! its counted and serves an important purpose in my quest. It just gets a little tough on your mind sometimes when you eat when your not mentally ready to do so.

Something is going to have to change in my diet very shortly! I think the inclusion of a homemade concoction of nutritional sexiness will be included to make life a little more tolerable.

No comments: